The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
Is now available on the AMA website.
After taking the test online, you can print your certificate, as long as you have registered with the FAA, as outlined below.
So, now we have three FAA requirements:
- Register with the FAA
- Affix your registration # to the outside of your radio controlled airplane, helicopter, or drone
- Carry TRUST certificate with you
How to Print your
If you want to:
- Create an account with the FAA,
- Register with the FAA,
- Log in to an existing account, or
- View or print your Registration,
- The first section (Part 107) is for pilots who want to use their UAS commercially.
- The second section "UAS flown by recreational flyers and Modeler Community-Based Organizations (formerly Section 336) is for most of us who just want to fly their aircraft, helicopters, and drones as a hobby.
Click on "Register on line" (even if you already registered - yes, confusing!).
This will bring up the "Section 336 Dashboard" (even though it's really a "Former Section 336 - yes, confusing again!) where you can:
- Create an account or
- Log in to your existing account. After logging in, you will see a "Print" tab on the top right of the page to print your Registration.
Congrats to our new 2023 Officers!!!
President: Jay Strickland
V President: Scott Hudson
Secretary: Larry Miller
Treasurer: Art Kelly
Public Relat.: Rob Merriman
Safety: Jerry Stinson
at Large: Doug McKee
Thank you for stepping up and a big thanks to our outgoing officers for their hard work during the last two years!