to RE RC for the 2021 Summer Youth Camp
The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
Is now available on the AMA website.
After taking the test online, you can print your certificate, as long as you have registered with the FAA, as outlined below.
So, now we have three FAA requirements:
- Register with the FAA
- Affix your registration # to the outside of your radio controlled airplane, helicopter, or drone
- Carry TRUST certificate with you
Also: please let me know when items are no longer available for sale, so I can take them off the 4 Sale page.
How to Print your
If you want to:
- Create an account with the FAA,
- Register with the FAA,
- Log in to an existing account, or
- View or print your Registration,
Do you know the
status of your LiPo's?
- The first section (Part 107) is for pilots who want to use their UAS commercially.
- The second section "UAS flown by recreational flyers and Modeler Community-Based Organizations (formerly Section 336) is for most of us who just want to fly their aircraft, helicopters, and drones as a hobby.
Click on "Register on line" (even if you already registered - yes, confusing!).
This will bring up the "Section 336 Dashboard" (even though it's really a "Former Section 336 - yes, confusing again!) where you can:
- Create an account or
- Log in to your existing account. After logging in, you will see a "Print" tab on the top right of the page to print your Registration :-)
This is NOT COOL!
(neither are the cigarette butts!)
Not only is disposing of your unwanted batteries at the field not cool, it's also:
and shows a total disregard for the environment.
- First, discharge your battery to 0V. Since most chargers do not let you discharge a cell to 0V, search for "discharge lipo to 0V" on line.
- Confirm that cell voltage is 0 with a volt meter.
- Put each battery in a plastic bag and seal the bag.
- Dispose off at a place that recycles rechargeable batteries, such as Lowe's (free - see picture below) or Batteries + Bulbs ($0.53 per foot)
Agate Skyways Current Weather & Forecast
Congrats to our new Officers!!!
President: Bruce Tharpe
Vice President: Scott Hudson
Secretary: Eric Kirby
Treasurer: Art Kelly
at Large: Babe Caltabiano
Thank you for stepping up and a big thanks to our outgoing officers for their hard work during the last two years!